Many Filipinos are traveling to the Land of the Morning Calm, South Korea, these past few years. Due to the trend of KPOP and KDRAMA here in the Philippines, Filipinos are most-likely want to explore and experience Korea’s tradition, culture, climate, and visit its popular tourists’ attractions and destinations. But the first step you have to do is to get a VISA! But where? and how? Let me help you with that. But first, you must know the updated KOREAN VISA PROCESS.
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Philippines has new rules regarding the visa application process. Due to the growing number of applicants which cause them to create a long line in front of the consular building started from 2 am and wait outside in the middle of heat and rain. I already experienced this when I traveled to South Korea last spring 2018, and honestly, it’s really inconvenient. You are lucky if you reach their cut off time, from 8 to 11 am. But if not, you have to come back on the next days.
My Korean Visa
But do not worry because as of July 1, 2018, the Korean Visa application will now be processed through “35 Designated Travel Agencies” in the Philippines! You must go to your nearest Travel Agency in your area and all you have to do is to inquire and let them process it for you!
It only means that walk-in applicants will no longer be accommodated by the embassy. No more long lines and sunburns. But take note! there are exceptions like the: Spouse and Children of Korean Nationals | Holders of Visa Issuance Number | Government Employees with Official Business Trip | and for those with Humanitarian Reason to Travel to Korea urgently.
Here is the list of the 35 Designated Travel Agencies which has the authority to process your requirements and application in The Embassy of the Republic of Korea:
Recommended Korea Tour Packages
- Constellation Travels, Inc.
- ABOEX Travel and Tours
- Adventure International
- Blue Horizons Travel and Tours Inc.
- Budget Travel and Tours Inc.
- Casto Travel Philippines Inc.
- City Travel & Tours Corporation
- COME ON PHILS. Golf and Travel Agency Inc.
- First United Travel Inc.
- Getaway Tours International Inc.
- H.I.S. (PHILIPPINES) Travel Corp
- HANKOOKCEB Corp.
- JTB Asia Pacific Phil. Corp.
- KP JOEUN Consultancy Inc.
- Las Palmas Tours and Travel Agency, Inc.
- MNK Travel & Tours Corp.
- North Star International Travel, Inc.
- Party-on Travel and Tour Community, Inc.
- Reli Tours and Travel Company
- Sharp Travel Service (Phils.) Inc.
- Swire Travel Phils, Inc.
- The Baron Travel Corporation
- Travel Pros
- Travelservices, Inc.
- Uni-Orient Travel, Inc.
- Ark Travel Express Inc.
- Grand Hope Travel, Inc.
- Hanatour Manila Inc.
- Horizon Travel & Tours, Inc.
- Island Resort Club Tour Services, Inc.
- International Journeys Inc.
- Marsman Drysdale Travel Inc.
- Pan Pacific Travel Corporation
- Rajah Travel Corporation
- Rakso Air Travel and Tours Inc.
A friendly reminder, although getting a Visa in Korea is free-of-charge, these accredited travel agencies above will be collecting processing fees. The rates will vary depends on the travel agencies, but it is usually between PHP500 to PHP1500.
And for the requirements, it depends on your title. An employee, student, businessmen, Korean parents in law or brothers in law, housewives, religious workers and more different cases. Here is the link to find it out:
- You can enter Korea at any time as long as within the next 3 months (90days) of visa approval. Example: My Visa was released and approved on March 1, you can enter anytime before June 1.
- You would be allowed to stay in Korea for 59 days if you are a regular tourist visa holder. But, if you want to stay longer than that, you must justify the reasons.
- The process of your visa will take 3 to 5 days.
- To avoid denied applications, you must prove that you can support your stay in Korea financially! it will be good if you have any sponsors.
Good luck! and Enjoy South Korea! Travel the best way you could!
If you have any question about Korean visa comment below, I’ll try to answer it as much as I could.