Popular nighttime tours of royal palaces here will resume next week, months after their suspension due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Cultural Heritage Administration said Saturday.
The Gyeongbokgung Palace Starlight Tour will start Wednesday and run through June 8, while the Changdeok Palace Moonlight Tour will open Thursday until June 21, according to the CHA.
Tickets for the nocturnal programs are available for purchase at the e-commerce website Auction (ticket.auction.co.kr).
A special program named Gyeongbok Palace Saenggwabang, which provides tourists a chance to experience a traditional tea ceremony and enjoy dessert, will also start a one-month run Wednesday.
Music concerts will be also held at Gyeongbok every weekend from May 30 to July 12.
Recommended Korea Tour Packages
At the same time, the changing of the royal guard ceremony at the palace had already restarted Wednesday, the administration added.
In June, more events including weekday concerts at Gyeongbok and royal kitchen tours will begin.
The CHA said that under strict quarantine guidelines to prevent possible COVID-19 infections, all visitors will have their temperatures checked and be required to wear face masks at all times.
The administration had suspended nearly all tour and cultural events at royal palaces, including the changing of the guard ceremony, since late February when the government raised its alert level for the novel coronavirus to its highest. (Yonhap)