The trend of collecting celebrity goods, a part of popular hallyu culture, has reached new heights. What began as fans selling handcrafted idol goods over social media has evolved into a complete business. Level up your fan credit by touring stores that sell your favorite artists’ goods, the hottest new trend taking over the hallyu world. Follow us as we take you into the world of idol goods you have never imagined.
1. I Doll Look
I Doll Look specialize in selling clothing for idol dolls. Since opening its first store in Hongdae in February 2018, it has expanded to a branch in Seomyeon, Busan as well as an online store. Various clothes and accessories designed for 15 and 20 centimeter-sized dolls are available for purchase such as outfits, hats, bandanas, sunglasses, masks, shoes and more. The styling corner can help you dress your doll to the nines with looks such as all-in-one, a coordinated look from head to toe, or the weekly look. Photo zones throughout the store make it possible for you to dress up your doll and take cute photos to your heart’s desire. Unfortunately, you’ll need to bring your own doll, as they are not available for sale at I Doll Look.
- Address: 74, Hongik-ro 6-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 마포구 홍익로6길 74)
- Directions: Walk for approx. 5 min from Hongik Univ. Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 2
- Operating hours: 11:00-21:00
- Inquiries: +82-70-7721-6065 (Korean only)
- Website: www.idolllook.co.kr (Korean only)
2. SP Factory
Located in Hongdae, SP-Factory specializes in EXO dolls and related clothing and accessories. Clothes fitted for 15 and 20 centimeter-sized dolls are available in various minimal but unique concepts. From leather pants and rider’s jackets to suspender pants, earrings, and ribbons, you can dress up your EXO doll in your favorite costume. If you want to dress your doll in a traditional Korean style, choices of hanbok sets and accessories are also available. Visitors can save money by shopping during seasonal discount events. For all inquiries, sending a direct message using Instagram or Twitter is recommended as there is no phone within the store.
Recommended Korea Tour Packages
- Address: 6F, 31, Wausan-ro 21-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 마포구 와우산로21길 31 정명빌딩 6층)
- Directions: Walk for approx. 10 min from Hongik Univ. Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 9
- Operating hours: 11:00-21:00
- Inquiries: +82-70-8098-1785 (Korean only)
- Social channels
– Twitter: twitter.com/sp_factory (Korean only)
– Instagram: @sp_factory (Korean only)
3. Palette-Lotte Young Plaza Myeong-dong Branch
Palette, on the basement floor of Lotte Young Plaza in Myeong-dong, welcomes visitors to a new world of K-pop. This K-pop cultural space offers all the needs of a K-pop fanatic from music, digital movies and photos, objet, and exhibitions, to live social media broadcasting and interviews. It’s easy to lose track of time roaming around this large store full of idol related items; the most popular section is the Curating Goods Shop. Goods categorized by artists as well as Palette-exclusive goods, artist curation goods, brand collaboration items and more can be found here. To add to the excitement, the store offers interactive experience programs such as the Interactive Artist Wall, where you can write customized messages above your favorite artist’s photo that animates to the movement of the surroundings.
- Address: B1, 67, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 중구 남대문로67본점 영플라자(소공동, 롯데백화점) 지하 1층)
- Directions: Walk for approx. 5 min from Euljiro 1(il)-ga Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 7
- Operating hours: 11:30-21:30, closed days vary by Lotte Department Store
- Social media channel: twitter.com/sp_factory (Korean only)