Popular K-Drama ‘Mr. Sunshine’
Your special trip to Korea is even more special and memorable
Memories can fade, but photos can last forever.
You can get your perfect photoshoot during your Korea trip!
Mr. Sunshine is a 2018 South Korean television series written by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Lee Eung-bok, starring Lee Byung-hun, Kim Tae-ri, Yoo Yeon-seok, Kim Min-jung and Byun Yo-han.
The series is set in Hanseong (the former name of Seoul) in the early 1900s, and focuses on activists fighting for Korea’s independence. The series aired every Saturday and Sunday on tvN starting from July 7, 2018, and ended on September 30, 2018. It premiered internationally on Netflix. As of October 2019 it is the fourth-highest-rated Korean drama in cable television history.
Ikseon Boutique is a special rental shop that rents out clothes of 100 years ago in modern Korea. The shop is full of clothes just like the one from K-drama “Mr. Sunshine” and is placed in Ikseon-dong alley, famous for its beauty in Seoul. Also, the place is located near Bukchon Hanok Village, and you can take a tour of Hanok Village after the experience.
“In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.”
“Photography, as we all know, is not real at all. It is an illusion of reality with which we create our own private world.”
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
“The world is always running away from society and the only way to keep the stuff that’s happened in the past is by taking photographs, I can keep memories of things alive with photographs,” Alecto responded. “People say that the time machine can’t be invented, but they’ve already invented a device that can stop time, photographs are the world’s first-time machines.”
Taking the time to take real photographs can enhance your travel experience in several ways:
1) Photography makes you more aware of your surroundings.
Once you begin looking for photos, you see much more of the world than if you are just walking through it.
2) Photos help you remember.
Despite the conclusion of the Smithsonian Magazine article, the real test of a photo’s ability to help you remember doesn’t come the day after you take it; it comes years later. As time passes, you need things to jog your memory and nothing works better than photos that you took yourself.
3) People will actually want to see your vacation photos.
Most people are bored to tears of vacation photos that are nothing more than endless shots of people in front of landmarks. Most people don’t want to see you on vacation; they are more interested in the destination itself. If you focus on taking better images, people will actually be interested in seeing your photos.
We understand your special moment is very important and unique. You probably spend a lot of money to make your special trip to Korea. We know you also have your own camera. You want to make every moment special and unique.
Why don’t you let us help you make your moment even more special?
We will get you awesome travel snap photographers who can boost up your memories that last forever!
1. For rental, at least one ID card is required for each group and deposit amount 5,000 KRW is required for each person. Deposit will be refunded after checking the returned the clothes and accessories at counter.
2. 2 fitting chances will be provided for each rental customer. After one-time fitting, the basic 3 hour rental fee is applied.
3. Additional fitting is 5,000 KRW per fitting.
4. Please arrive 10 minutes before the reservation time on the day of reservation. Reservation will be cancelled if you are late more than 10 minutes. After cancellation, you can still rent out clothes, but there may be waiting time for fitting with other non-reserved guests.
5. If your reservation cannot be made at a desired date and time, our CS Team will contact you via email.
6. Ikseon Boutique will not be held responsible for any kinds of problem even if you keep your belongings in storages. Please keep your valuables with you.
Click to see “FAQS for Photo Snaps”
How to find IKSEON BOUTIQUE?
located at 3rd Floor, 38 Donghwamunro 11-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul (Exit 4 of Jongno3-ga Station and across the roadfrom Exit 4, you will see the CU convenience store. We are on 3rd floor of that building.)
Inspired by hugely popular period dramas, such as Mr. Sunshine, Koreans in their teens and 20s are revisiting vintage clothing, design styles, and food, giving them a contemporary twist in the process. Here, we take an in-depth look at the Newtro trend, from exploring how it began to how the trend manifests in design and culture across South Korea.